Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We Drove Thru 4 States In 6 Hours! Whew!

We drove from California thru Nevada (stopped in Las Vegas for an In N Out stop # 6 ... of course) drove thru Arizona for a minute to get to Utah. I'm tired, these boys are trying my nerves ... and I'm being nice here. Shere' thought I was crazy to bring my boys on a 3 week road trip and now I know she was right. I am crazy and I've been driven crazy and I can't wait to get home and hide in the basement with some chick flicks and a glass of wine!!!!!!!! "You know what"s gonna hit the fan upon arrival home. They should probably start praying now. I know you Moms out there with kids my ages would understand. Or am I alone in this?

I adore my boys, but whoah! my nerves....

I just received a phone call from my friend Mesfin. He said he talked to his wife (they're Ethiopian) who is in Ethiopia right now and she went to "T"s orphanage and met her. She said she "T" is beautiful ... and I can't wait to talk to her more about meeting her. She took pics and video ... and you know we can't wait to see those at the end of the month when Genet returns.

Tomorrow I will post photos from the last several days after driving to Grand Junction, CO.

Nite Nite!

8 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sure you are not alone Lisa. lol. You are so funny. Be safe and enjoy your time when you get home. Talk to you soon.

Lisa said...

Amber,
Thank you for the validation. I needed that.

Shawn said...

Hang in there - you're almost home! Thank you so much for your so sweet voice mail about how beautiful our baby is, always nice to hear! We will be out of town next week, so please call me to let me know what happens with the court date (I won't be able to check internet). When we get back you should come over for that glass of wine and some ET baby time.

Shawn

Lisa said...

SDR - Shawn,
Thanks ... yes, we're almost home. Your invitation sounds really great. I'd love to do that and meet your baby girl. Safe travels...

LISA said...

Lisa,
So glad your court date is almost here!!

Lory Howlett said...

I've been wondering what you're up to! I can't wait to hear more about your girl. You know you'll be traveling just behind us. Can you believe it? And take it easy on your poor boys--ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I suggest you have David take the boys camping when you get back so you can have the house to yourself for a few days. If not, then at least thank God for the basement, not that that would be torture for them to be locked in there for a few days ;-o

Believe it or not, you will soon have a vacation away from the boys when you fly off to Ethiopia. You can always send the boys over here, you know how Paul loves to be a drill sargeant.
xoxo

Lisa said...

Shere',
You are so funny. Yes, I loved Paul calling my boys out on what they've been doing...I silently giggled when he did that. We had a blast at your home ... so hospitable were all of you. What an absolute joy Lana was to be with. Just amazing that she's here now. I have such fond memories now of my time with you and your family. Please take advantage of your "Bed and Breakfast" here in Denver!!!

I do look forward to the Ethiopian trip to pick her up ... what a surreal moment that will be.