Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Denver Ethiopian Adoption Group Picnic

Each month we meet locally with a topic to discuss about things like, adoption, attachment, multiracial families and topics pertaining to what we're going through. There are 4 women who started this group and it has apparently grown from just a few to 150 members with 200 attending last weekend's picnic. See pictures here

Whenever I've had a question or challenge with this entire adoption process, these women (and some men) have been there to answer all my questions and then some. What an absolute blessing it is to have this group to help us through this.

We've been to a few of these without our adopted child. So it'll be really fantastic to go to one with "T" in our arms.

6 comments:

the truman's said...

Hi Lisa- Our SW turned us on to your blogsite to try and connect us with you. We also are adopting a little girl from ET, but are earlier in the process than you are. I believe we are using the same agency as y'all too! (IAN?) Oh, how I wish we would have known about that picnic last weekend. We are so excited to get connected with others who have and who are adopting from ET. Can you please fill me in? You can reach me via email at matnstace@comcast.net or our blogsite is: http://thetrumansjourneytogracie.blogspot.com
Many blessing to you and your family. Keep us posted!
Stacey

Shawn said...

Hey Lisa - any news on travel dates? Shawn

Amber said...

How cool! Sounds like you have a great support system. Do you know your travel date?

Lisa said...

Amber,
I still have not heard of my travel date yet. I should hear any day ... hopefully tomorrow or by the end of this week. We'll probably travel either Aug. 2nd for an Aug. 6th Embassy date or Aug. 9th for an Aug. 13th Embassy date. Of course it could be later in Aug., but these are the probabilities.

Debbie said...

I think it's great that you have an adoption group so close!!! We don't have one. There isn't that many Ethiopian adoptions around here YET!! I am working on that.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, what a wonderful group!!
I wish we had more people in my area that have adopted from Vietnam. What a great support system! I'm praying that you get to travel within the next few weeks. I can't wait ;-)