Monday, May 25, 2009

Denver's Hidden Gems ... "The Soiled Dove"

This is an underground jazz club where there really is not a bad seat in the house. On a personal note, it is almost vital that I have the best seat in the house. That is just how I like it and I do my best to make that happen. David found us exactly that for this date night and I was so pleased.

I would have to say that this venue might be my favorite in all of Denver's city (but yet to explore the others at length too).



We went Saturday night after having dinner at the Bombay Clay Oven in Cherry Creek North. Our seats were absolutely perfect (there are probably 6 best seats in the whole place and we had 2 of them ... go David!) I was full from dinner and sooooooOO sleeeeepy, so I ordered coffee. David had tea. It always cracks me up how I imagine having a nice glass of wine, but end up realizing how tired it'll make me so I rarely have a glass of wine out and about. I have to have my diet coke in the restaurants instead of wine. They have this little button light that when you need something, you flick on the light and the waitress comes over. How genius is that? Every table everywhere should have something like that.



A picture from the inside stage right.



Candy Dulfer ... click on the picture cause (girls only) you have to see how adorable her shoes were. She is just so cute and so talented.



The place was packed once the show started.



The rest of her band was really fantastic too.



Her shoes ... from the side. Still cute and she can STILL play better than Kenny G!!!! Imagine (sort of) Prince on Sax, if he were a girl and IF he was that gorgeous. Candy is 40 years old, but looks 28, I swear. She was very entertaining without being very "full of herself" like some artists.



She signed CD's afterwords until late. She just must have wanted to go home so bad after the show, but I think it's really nice when they do this. She's been playing sax since she was 6, so clearly this is a passion for her and it shows.

2 comments:

Melodie Monberg said...

I love all these hidden gems you've posted. I think Matt and I might head to that jazz club next weekend. Thank you for sharing!

Did you see that we got our referral on Wednesday? Yep, our baby girl is 2 months old!

Melodie

Melodie Monberg said...

Okay...realized that you didn't mention the name of the club! Where oh where is this perfect place?