Thursday, March 27, 2008

Homeland Security Says ... We're O.K.!

I have received what agencies call "The Golden Ticket" from Homeland Security : the I 171 H. Condoleeza Rice says we're O.K. to adopt. I know people who have adopted and some of them are NOT O.K.! .......... Homeland Security was fooled. So I don't take this too personal whether they said we can adopt or not. I know we are good people and parents, so that's all I really needed. But without this with me in my hand in Addis Ababa, we cannot bring 2 girls back into the states. So I NEED it or we are stuck there for who knows how long before we can return home with our new family additions.

I have not received any more news about our girls. We've been told about children of all other ages, but we really need to be matched with what David and I have discussed at great lengths. Our agency keeps feeling us out for little girl infants that have come in...I really could appreciate an infant, but considering our ages, we are desiring children with a few years under their belt. Our agency kindly tells us of which children do come in and our name is at the top of the list on their office board. I have had my cell phone surgically attached to my hip so that no phone call from my agency will be missed and a back up cell phone battery so that every day my phone is prepared to receive that call. My 2 friends Shawn and Lory have received and accepted their baby girl infants and Shawn has a Court Date already. I couldn't be happier for them and hope I get to travel with one of them. I wait.......patiently.......still! I can do that. These girls have waited, so can we.

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Lisa - Congrats on getting the 171H, that's great news. Now you're ready to go once you get your referral. I admire you guys for sticking to your guns too, there are 2 little girls out there who are waiting for you, its just a matter of time before Abebe finds them! I know some people have waited over a year for a referral, so a few more months is nothing compared to a lifetime of being matched with the right princesses!

Lisa said...

sdr,
Thanks for reassuring us. Yes, they are out there and I just hope Abebe doesn't think ill of us sticking to what we want. I know his heart is huge and all he wants is for ALL of the children (especially the older ones) to get placed. How is your little one doing? Any new info on her? Any new pics? Please share with me if you do or care to...Are you excited for the April IAN travellers to get pics of your daughter? Perhaps you might be taking pics of OUR daughters if we have a referral by then.

Leah Reeves said...

Your girls will find their way to you.

Sherry said...

What wonderful news Lisa! God will bring your girls into your lives soon. Just be patient...easier said than done, I know!

Terry Gallina said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!