Saturday, November 24, 2007

Now what!

Now we wait. We do paperwork, we redesign our life. Now that this is all sinking in, I go about my life as if they were here with me/us. The other day I was at one of my favorite restaurants, Mimi's, where I always have to have a booth. I loooOOve eating out and MUST have a booth. As I sat with my friend in a big booth, I realized that now that we'll be 6 in our family, most booths don't sit that many. Oh my...what will I do? So many little things like that will be hitting me as I go about my days. No longer do I go thru shops looking at pink things or girly things and only wish that I had a reason to buy them. Now, watch out...it's all over now. I've not bought a thing. Perhaps it's better later on when most of the paperwork is done and on it's way to Ethiopia. Like I said, long process. This is going to be a very, very long wait.

But really, there is so much to prepare for. We told Brandon that he can have the triangle room in the basement. He was blown away. This is currently our music room. We have 12 guitars (now 13 cause David is doing his latest training DVD on a Fender guitar) and they hang in this room. So we have to reconfigure rooms and bathrooms and toy areas. I can't believe I am finally going to have girly things in the house. What does that look like? The 4 of us each day envision what it's going to be like. We are already incorporating their sisters into our lives in all areas. Brandon said the other day, I can't wait to be walking in church with the girls holding their hands. He was so proud. Evan is going to teach them legos and guitar. Brandon is going to teach them how to wrestle and draw. And probably to annoy his little brother...who by the way is THRILLED to know that shortly he will no longer be the "little brother" or youngest in the family. I don't know why, but this thrills him to no end.

Ohhh, the mysteries around each corner are endless now.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Lisa,
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on our blog! And, thank you for sharing your story with us. You have encouraged Jason so much (and me!)

BTW- Having girlie things in the house is so much fun! I just put an entire load of pink and purple clothes in the washer- how fun is that!

We are so thrilled for you and so excited to see what God has in store for you on this journey!

God is good!

Blessings, Laura and Jason

Lisa said...

Dear Laura and Ps.Jason,
Thank you so much for your well wishes. That means a lot to us, actually more than you know because as I read your blog (and you have lots to share don't you...I'm up to October, so it's like a good book that I'm almost done with. Actually it's just the very first chapter in this long story, isn't it?) so as I read your blog, I feel for you, I hurt along with you, but each time you post a picture of your 2 children, a huge smile comes to my face. That is what you are doing all of this for! I was thinking of you Laura, this morning, and if I'd had you there with me, I have a very heartwarming, yet seemingly sad, story to tell you that I thought would lift your spirits during this trying time for you. Perhaps we'll have coffee at church sometime.

Hugs to you and yours,
Lisa & family